Nov 3, 2013

Vase sketch

     On Monday in class we had to draw a picture of a vase our teacher put in the middle of the class. No more instructions were given and the results of pictures were very various.

Here is the picture I sketched.

Since no further instructions weren't given, I decided to use a realistic approach. In this picture I tried to reflect everything as I saw, leaving nothing out. You can see the flowers in the middle of the sketch. I think that although the flowers are in the middle of the picture, they aren't drawn with enough detail and energy to make it look superior.
But realistic approach wasn't what everybody did. The methods varied as well. Most people just drew the vase as a single object and tried to sketch the flowers with as much details as possible, leaving out everything surrounding the vase.
The way I drew the flowers shows that I literally draw what I see, as in seeing is a strong sense perception in my case. I think the picture might also show that the way I see the world is that I like to see everything in the picture and see the wider perspective, not just focus on little things.
If I was asked to pick the best flower out of all the sketches my classmates did then I would base my knowledge of beauty on amount of details in the picture and the angle of the picture. 

1 comment:

  1. You seemed to focus a lot on angle here - like the most important things were not the flower, but your position when viewing it. Do you find this worthy of analysis? Does this mean you're a realist? Is asserting your perspective important to you?

    ReplyDelete